On call, Day-to-Day Substitute Teachers for the school year are needed at Southern Humboldt Schools for all grades (T-K through 12th grade).
We pay $125 per day ($81.50 half-day) for Day-to-Day Substitute Teachers. We pay Day-to-Day Substitute Teachers a long-term sub rate of $145 per full-day beginning with their 6th consecutive day of subbing in the same teaching assignment.
You must have a valid California teaching credential OR an Emergency Permit to substitute teach. If you have a 4-year college degree, you are eligible to apply for an Emergency Permit once you pass a CBEST test or have met the Basic Skills Requirements outlined in the Commission on Teaching Credentialing leaflet Cl667. Please contact the Humboldt County Office of Education, 707-445-7039, to apply for an Emergency Permit and to find out more about the CBEST testing.
Please review the list of required application materials needed and information on how to apply with Southern Humboldt Unified. After completing the application, applicants call to make an appointment with Tori Miclette, 707-943-1789, to sign-up to be on our certificated sub list.