Student Registration » Student Registration

Student Registration

New Student Enrollment Procedures 


Welcome to the Southern Humboldt Unified School District!

To enroll your student, please complete the Pupil Registration Form.  Once completed (including your electronic signature), you may email all enrollment documents to the school secretary. The child’s parent/legal guardian must fill out the Pupil Registration Form.

The following items are required to begin the registration process:

  • Pupil Registration Form (attached below)
  • Documentation of Birth** 
  • Immunization Records
  • Custody Papers: If applicable. Please provide us with a court-stamped copy.

** Acceptable documents of birth include but are not limited to; a certified copy of a birth certificate, a statement by the local registrar, or a county recorder certifying the date of birth, a duly attested baptism certificate, or a passport, when non of the preceding documents is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent/guardian will be accepted)


To complete your child’s Kindergarten registration process, we need the additional documents, if currently available:

  • Report of Health Examination for School Entry: This is valid for six months before Kindergarten through the third month after 1st grade begins. If your doctor performs a physical before entry into Kindergarten, please have this form completed.  It will be kept in your child’s file and will meet the requirements for entry into the 1st grade.
  • Oral Health Assessment: This form is only needed for incoming Kindergarten and 1st Graders. Please have your child’s dentist complete the form and return to school by the end of your child’s first year of public school.


2024 - 2025 Student Registration